About Mountainside Residential Care Center
At Mountainside Residential Care Center Quality Care Comes First.
Mountainside Residential Care Center is an award-winning 82-bed enhanced care facility, having received a 5-Star rating from Medicares Nursing Home Compare and received 5-star ratings in U.S. News & World Reports Best Nursing Homes 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 issues.
Not only is Mountainside Residential Care Center rated as one of the top nursing homes nationwide for providing excellence in care we are also setting the pace for outstanding care and quality services in other ways too.
- 5 Star Rating from Medicare Nursing Home Compare.
- Licensed by the New York State Department of Health.
- Certified by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- Recognized by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation as a Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality in the 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 Healthcare Equality Index, and named a Top Performer in the Healthcare Equality Index 2017 report. It is the policy of Mountainside Residential Care Center to admit and serve all persons (regardless of race, color, sex, creed, handicap, payment source, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion) who require nursing home care and desire to be admitted. It is the policy of Mountainside Residential Care Center to not deny visitation privileges based on race, religion, ethnicity, language, culture, size, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, socioeconomic status, physical or mental ability/disability.
- A charter member for the Advancing Excellence in Americas Nursing Homes.
- Nationally certified wound care nurses on staff through the National Alliance of Wound Care (NAWC).
- Dedicated staff to assist qualifying residents with the Restorative Nursing Program which has nursing interventions that promote the residents ability to adapt and adjust to living as independently and safely as possible.
- Advanced technology with a comprehensive electronic medical record that improves the residents quality of care.
- Recognized by the Health care Association of New York State Pinnacle Award and featured in the Profiles in Quality and Patient Safety publication for achievements in quality improvement and patient safety.
- Collaboration with all members of the interdisciplinary team to ensure the best care possible for each resident.
- Consistent staffing so residents see the same caregivers (registered nurse, licensed practical nurse or certified nursing assistant) almost every time they are on duty to help residents feel comfortable by receiving care from caregivers they know and who understand their personal preferences and needs.